The Cameron Public Library has available:
- Over 50,000 in-house items for all ages, including books, magazines, DVDs and Audiobooks.
- Our cataloging system allows you to choose from over 250,000 books belonging to the Evergreen consortium. The books are delivered to our library FREE OF CHARGE. We contact you when they arrive and you check them out just as if our library owned them. When you finish with the materials, just bring them back to us and we will return them to the library, no charge to you.
- Public access computers, featuring internet and work processing
- Free Wi-Fi
- Automated catalog accessible from any computer any time of day for searching, holding and renewing your next favorite book via our Missouri Evergreen app or by going to www.cameronlibrary.org and clicking on the 'catalog' tab.
- E-Reader lending services through using the Libby and the axis260 app on your portable device.
- Programs for all ages, including story time, summer reading program, book clubs, teen and youth activities and adult game nights.
- One-on-one computer classes available, by appointment.
The Genealogy Department features all Cameron and Clinton County newspapers on microfilm (many of the Cameron newspapers have been indexed for easy searching) Census records and county probate, death and marriage records for the four county area (Clinton, DeKalb, Caldwell and Daviess). And numerous documents pertaining to the history of Cameron and surrounding area.
An annual report was produced to highlight the changes that the Library underwent over the last calendar year. The report is very informative and allows the public to gain inside knowledge of the annual happenings of the Library.
Because this is a city library and is funded through city property taxes, library cards are available for no additional cost to residents residing within the city limits or non-residents who own real estate within the city limits. All students who attend Cameron schools, regardless of their home address, can apply for a free library card by showing their school ID. Library cards are available to non-residents for $25 per year per family. New patrons need to provide a photo ID (such as drivers license) and proof of address if ID is not current. You can check out up to 10 items on your card and have access to the public computers. Your new card allows you access to all materials available in the library, through interlibrary lending and eLending services. We are proud to be able to offer the community this service and welcome you here.
The Cameron Public Library is located across the street from McCorkle Park in downtown Cameron. The library is open Monday through Saturday, hours as follows:
Monday through Friday - 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Special summer hours start June 1 and we stay open on Thursday evenings until 8 pm.
312 N. Chestnut
Cameron, MO 64429
Phone: (816) 632-2311Fax: (816) 632-2969
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
10:00 am - 6:30 pm
10:00 am - 6:30 pm (winter)
10:00 am - 8:00 pm (summer)
10:00 am - 2:00 pm