Liquor Licenses & Fees

The City of Cameron Code states that it is unlawful for any person to sell or expose for sale any intoxicating liquor, malt liquor or wine in any quantity without first obtaining a license from the City (Sec. 6-141). The procedures for obtaining a liquor license are as follows:

  • Liquor License Application. An application must be submitted which requires selection of the type of license(s) requested as well as personal information about the applicant. Two passport-size photos of the applicant must be submitted with the application This application may be obtained from the City Clerk's office or through this website.
  • Fees. Payment of the appropriate fee(s) made payable to the 'City of Cameron' must be submitted with the application.
  • Time. Application and fee(s) must be received by the City Clerk no later than Noon ten days prior to the regularly scheduled Council Session. (City Council meets the first and third Mondays of each month)

Following review, the Council may authorize the issuance of a letter of approval to the applicant for use in procuring a State of Missouri liquor license. When the applicant presents a state liquor license to the City Clerk, the City Clerk shall then issue a City liquor license permitting him/her to conduct such business for a term expiring on June thirtieth succeeding the date of issuance of such license unless such license shall be revoked, withdrawn or cancelled before the expiration of such time.

License Types:

OPLOriginal Package Liquor: sale of intoxicating liquor, malt liquor, or wine in the original package$150
5OPOriginal Package 5% Beer-includes Sunday sales: sale of malt liquor or wine in the original package$75
5BD5% By Drink-includes Sunday sales: sale of malt liquor or wine 5% by the drink and in the original package$75
5BDW5% By Drink Wine: sale of malt liquor and light wines containing not in excess of fourteen % (14%) of alcohol by the drink for consumption on the premises where sold$75
RBDPRetail Liquor By Drink Picnic: sale of intoxicating liquor for consumption on premises where sold issued to church, school, civic, service, fraternal, veteran, political or charitable club or organization$37.50
 RBDRRetail Liquor By Drink Resort: sale of malt liquor or wine by the drink at retail, for consumption on the premises where sold when the gross income derived from the sale of prepared meals or food consumed on the premises is at least seventy-five (75)% of total sales$450
 SOPSunday Original Package Liquor: sale of all intoxicating liquor, in the original package at retail, on Sunday$300
 SBDSunday By The Drink: sale of intoxicating liquor on Sunday by the drink at retail for consumption on the premises of any restaurant bar$300
OPTOriginal Package Tasting: to allow tasting on premises -limitations$37.50
RBDERetail Liquor By The Drink Exempt: sale of liquor by the drink, cities, requirements-Sunday sales authorized for certain organizations$300
COLConsumption of Intoxicating Liquor: to allow consumption on premises-limitations$90
RBDCRetail Liquor By Drink Caterer: temporary location for liquor by the drink, caterers permit$15