Community Development Director
205 N. Main
Ph: (816) 632-2177
Fx: (816) 632-1067
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The City of Cameron’s Economic Development Department works closely with the Planning and Zoning Commission
as well as the Building Permits and Inspections Department
to ensure the community’s safety through building standards while also improving the City’s quality of life. Cameron’s Economic Development staff aggressively solicits business and industrial opportunities to foster growth and keep the local economy vibrant and stable.
- 2016 - Major improvements are made to the City's wastewater treatment plant and collection system. This work will reduce surface water infiltration/inflow and will update the treatment plant with backup power, better flow treatment, sludge handling and more efficient power usage.
- 2015 - The main corridor through Cameron (Walnut Street/US 69 Hwy) was updated with a $2.7 million project where larger storm water pipes were installed, along with new curb/gutter sections, sidewalks and drive entrances. The asphalt surface was milled and an overlay applied.
- 2009 - Work begins on $2.7 million water line loop and south water tower
- 2008 - $1.2 million McElwain Drive extension involves four funding partners
- 2008 - City completes 52-lot Valley Brook offering LMI Homebuyer Assistance Program
- 2008 - US 36 lighting project illuminates Cameron’s northern tier
- 2007 - Case New Holland 500,00SF, $30 million distribution center employs 165
- 2007 - Orscheln becomes the 12th business to open in Crossroads Corp. Center
Chapter 353 Redevelopment Project Information
Chapter 353 tax abatement is an incentive allowed by Missouri law to encourage the redevelopment of blighted areas through the abatement of real property taxes. The full Chapter 353 Redevelopment Policy is attached. An informational brochure and full application are also available.
The mission of the Economic Development Department is to facilitate local commerce and growth by fostering balanced development.